30 January 2007

I.F: RED


Red was the subject of illustration friday for this week. This is such a broad topic. But I wanted to use red as a mood setter, more than a theme. I hope this sketch brings along with it a sense of mystery and sinisterness. Do you think it does?

On another note, I just purchased the new album by The Good, The Bad, and The Queen!! It's amazing. So familiar and so distant and so comforting. And so musical. Check it our if you get the chance.
That's all from me today. I have to start writing some stories and scripts soon, and creating new characters, so maybe as i go I could upload my progress, so please check back soon to see how im going and say "Hi!" . Till next time!!

12 comments:

Pickledog said...

He does look pretty sinister! It looks like he's about to whack, or has whacked someone Soprano style! Bada-Bing!

Honor Bowden said...

Hey, I really like this. Definitely creates a mood, but also reminds me of how hot it is at the moment! Welcome to IF... (I've only just joined, but have found it very inspiring). Love your Superhero too!

KittyMeow said...

Yep its quite sinister....Looks like he's just gone and buried a body!

Alina Chau said...

coool character design!

studio lolo said...

There's some poor sap down the block who now resembles a pug. Oh yeah, he's sinister alright!

tusen said...

he looks scary. I don't want to know what is going to happen (or what's just happened). I really like the light on his face and shirt. And the landscape is great.

mrana said...

Very cool .. sinister and wonderfully red!

Michelle said...

This guy looks like he's going to dig up a grave. Maybe his name is Red. Nice character design.

Michelle Lana said...

awesome character!!!

C. Bennett said...

Great character. Love his face

arvindh said...

good one!

rogério said...

Love this red one illo...great draw...